Monday, April 27, 2009

Craziness....

This weekend was totally nutty. Good... but nutty. Mom and Dad came into town to help us out, and we tried to cram WAY too much in. Going yard saling, getting yard work done, attending a baby shower, adults going out to dinner, and trying to put together a crib was too much to try and accomplish in one weekend.

I know this because of my reaction to it. Mom and I came back from the baby shower just in time to meet the boys, throw Seth in the car, and drop him off at the babysitter's before going out to eat at a fancy steak house (Dad's treat for David's b-day). I was so flustered that I left my keys in the ignition of the Camry. I discovered this hours later, and we had a dead battery as a result of my frazzled moment. Dad and David spent quality time with the blue car and some jumper cables late at night, still wearing their suits from dinner. Guilt, guilt, guilt...

I knew I was still stressed on Sunday when I tried to get a cutting board out of the dishwasher, and when it got stuck, I felt rage well up within me and a strong desire to hurl said cutting board through the window. This is usually how I know I'm stressed: when small things make me murderously angry, and I have to count to 100. =)

So today has been much more low key around here. Laundry is spinning, got the weekly shopping done, and got a little straightening up done in Spartacus' room. And there will be no "to-do" list tonight for anyone in this house. We're going to sip lemonade on the back porch and let Seth run...

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

I'm tired for you! Whew! I'm sure the exhaustion is hightened when you're pregnant too! Maybe ask for a foot rub to go along with that lemonade. :-)