Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My baby brother....

Sunny Tuesday morning. Rushing around, trying to get a casserole out of the oven for MOPs. Listen to a message from my mom that I must've gotten while I was in the shower.

Looks like my baby brother isn't coming home after grad school. It's a long story, and it isn't mine to tell, but some deeply held dreams for my whole family have taken a hit today. So on the way to MOPs I vacillated between sadness, anger, confusion, and hurt. And I tried not to let Seth see that I wanted to cry.

We miss them. I miss the little boy that I grew up with who is now an amazing father and husband, and the wife that we all picked out for him =), and the niece and nephew that I don't get to see nearly enough...

So please pray for all of us today. And especially my brother and his family as he's interviewing right now. For a job in... Wisconsin. Don't even get me started about how I feel about that...

2 comments:

Momma B. said...

Sorry for the disappointment! That stinks but at least he has an interview even if it isn't the one hoped for. God will bring a blessing from this I am sure!

Kim H. said...

I'm sorry that it's not working out as you had hoped... but remember that God's plan is perfect, and he will put your brother just where he wants him.