Saturday, April 04, 2009

Nearly 32 weeks...

Ahhh, a pregnancy update is long overdue. And I know it. I guess I haven't written much about it because its so blissfully uneventful. Even the little issues that I had with Seth haven't appeared this time around. Dizziness if I stand too long? Nope... nada. Feel like a bladder infection is coming on? Nope... not a hint of that. It's really nice.

But having a toddler to chase has made things harder on my increasingly tired body. Even though I worked part time at a preschool up until two days before my due date with Seth, this has been far more exhausting. It doesn't help that my toddler doesn't like to climb our stairs, and it hasn't seemed worth it to push the issue much. My poor back...

I've concluded that Seth must've been breech for a long time. This little boy's movements feel very different than his. With Seth, I mainly felt movement in the middle of my stomach. There was never any painful pushing up under my ribs (which I attribute to kicking), and I get that a lot from Mr. X. And I feel a lot of movement lower down, like flailing arms. I believe these doctors that his head is down, but mostly because I can tell such a difference. =)

And I'm carrying this baby much lower than Seth. I didn't realize why I was having a harder time getting up and down until my mother-in-law mentioned it. And now my pants are becoming low riders because of my belly pushing them down. I may have to get some new ones for the last 8 weeks!

Alas, I'm on track to gaining all the weight I gained with Seth. I'm at about 30 pounds now, and I've got 8 weeks to go, so that means I could hit the 40 pound mark. I did lose it all with him, so I'm optimistic it will go with Mr. X, but I was hoping we wouldn't quite get there. But I am told that you gain what your body thinks it needs to gain, so, oh well.

And I've done far worse at documenting this pregnancy in pictures. I'm going to have a friend take some more maternity shots of me in a couple of weeks. We also really need to get a last family photo done before we go from 1 boy to 2 boys...

And I have a c-section date for Mr. X. D day? May 29...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Girl, y'all have got to find a name for that child...

"Mr. X" seems so... unaffectionate! Can we call him "Peanut", "Nugget", or something... anything... other than "X"? Please?! :-)