Thursday, April 23, 2009

3 hours and counting...

We have just discovered Seth's favorite toy of all time. He'd been taking his little shovel and shoveling blocks into his dump truck for the past few days, so I thought it was time. Time to take out the big plastic container full of dried pinto beans that I'd excitedly gotten for him over a year ago. (I loved these at the preschool where I worked. I got a little overeager, what can I say.)

This is the same container of beans that my husband has loathed moving around in the shed and from one house to another. The same container that he spilled and had to clean up. If he cursed, he would've cursed at these beans. I'm very glad for his sake that its all been worth it. =)

I put these down on the plastic tablecloth at approximately 4:30 p.m. today. I threw in a couple more spoons, a coffee scoop, and a couple of plastic cups. Seth has been shoveling and scooping and moving beans around ever since. He took a 10 minute break to cram some dinner in his mouth. And I do mean cram. He was yelling "All done" around a big mouthful of bread. And then it was right back to scooping...

The current time is 7:40 p.m. And he's still going strong. "Want more beans...."

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Brilliant! :-)