Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby crafting...

Ok, I admit, I've been in a crafting mood lately. Must have something to do with the nesting instinct. Mom and I went to Walmart when I was home last time, and I was able to pick up everything there that I needed to make this fabric covered wipe container. This is for a friend who's having a little girl. I found the instructions here. It really didn't take that long after I got the hang of it. I used Alene's super hold tacky glue to glue on the ribbon so I wouldn't burn my fingers with the hot glue, and that seems to have worked well. I bought some colorful striped material to do boy ones, so that's next on my list!

This is a little white dish that I got at Target. This glass painting project was so easy. I just did the baby girl's initials, and I sponge painted one of these flowers on all the sides. I'm going to bake it to set it tomorrow. Maybe it can be used to hold hair bows or something...

And I will be making one of these banners for a shower this weekend. If you have clear fishing line, scotch tape, and some pastel paper, you can do this. I think I used a lid from a the tupperware cabinet, drew a bunch of circles, and just cut them out. Then I freehanded the initials on there. It wasn't fancy or totally professional looking, but I thought it was cute! I made this one for Sarah's shower long ago. I also did some coordinating smaller circles with the girls' initials on them and scattered them around the refreshment table.
Maybe this will give somebody else some good ideas for the future...

No comments: