Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is risen!!

view from the back deck this Easter...

Seth's first egg hunt (where he could actually pick up the eggs himself)

"He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."- Matthew 28:6

Happy Easter! He is risen indeed! This is one of the most joyful days of the year for me. Because of this anniversary that I celebrate, Christ has given me the most priceless gift of all... a secure place with God forever because of the covering of His grace through His blood, shed on the cross. It just doesn't get any better than that...

I love living in a place where spring and Resurrection Sunday coincide. I know they don't in a lot of parts of the country. Around here, there are many, many colorful blooms filling the trees and bushes. The hydrangeas are showing off, and I've discovered that we have a few different shades of pink, red, and white in our back yard. It's been a nice surprise. But anyway, the newness of life that God creates every year is a sweet reminder of the new life He brought through the risen life of His son. I thank Him quietly as we drive by fresh flowers this spring.

Over 2,000 years ago, Christ's disciples thought it was all over on Saturday. They were scared, depressed, and afraid for their lives. They believed that they'd given their lives for a bad cause. It wasn't until Sunday that they knew the truth. So as I contemplate Christ's death on Friday, I can smile with joy, knowing something they didn't know. I'm glad I know that he conquered true death for us all on that day.

We will be having our ham and green bean casserole and homemade rolls with friends this evening. The dough is in the bread maker right now. =) Wherever you are, I hope you're CELEBRATING, too, and not just spring and chocolate bunnies and candy eggs. Let the real meaning of Easter wash over you this year. Revel in what He's done...

No comments: