Friday, April 17, 2009

Summer Bible study...

And my year of activities is drawing to a close. Today in CBS, we were asked to register for next year. You get a pink card to register yourself, and then you get a blue card for each preschool age child you want to register. The cards were passed around, and I took... 2. It was a sweet moment for me. Those blue cards were a tangible reminder of the grace that gives me not just one, but two blue bundles to write about on them.

I've only got about 7 weeks to go! That's just crazy... We're rearranging furniture this weekend in the kids' rooms...

And its time to start thinking about what to do for a summer Bible study! Last year, I did most of Beth Moore's Daniel study. I say most because I got bogged down and didn't want to finish the last couple of weeks on Revelation. Revelation frustrates me. I've read it, and nobody can agree on what it means, and I figure I don't need to worry about it all that much because hopefully, I won't be here to need to know most of what it was talking about anyway. =)

But I like to do some sort of topical study over the summer because CBS is an inductive study of Biblical books. Anybody have any suggestions for me? Something relatively deep and meaty but not terribly time consuming for the sleep deprived mother of a toddler and a newborn? I'm open to suggestions. Bring 'em on!

No comments: