Friday, May 15, 2009

Countdown... 2 weeks to go...

As of today, I have TWO WEEKS before this little boy is coming to meet us! I had a dr.'s appt. this morning, and the doctor said, "Now, when your water breaks this weekend at 3:00 a.m., call this number, and I'll meet you at the hospital." From your lips to God's ears, dude.

Well, maybe not really. But just because I took apart the infant carrier to wash the padding, and I haven't put it back together yet. And I don't think David will appreciate it if my water breaks and I'm screaming at him to find the manual for the car seat. Hmm, better get on that one...

But I am getting more tired by the day, and I'm wishing that Evan would come soon. It's different with your second one. You're looking forward to meeting them more than you're terrified that you'll screw them up with your new mommy incompetence. Since your first one still seems to be ok and all...

I had a slice of cheesecake at a mom's night out a few days ago and woke up in the middle of the night with raging heartburn. My doctor just laughed at me when I mentioned that. Can't a huge pregnant woman get a little sympathy?

Now I'm trying to stock the freezer for early baby days. I finally managed to get my hands on some of the $1.99 a pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts that Kroger had on sale this week. I bought up a ton, and then I put a couple of breasts each in a quart freezer bag. Then I started dumping... salad dressings, marinades, etc. I have a freezer full of chicken bags labeled "BBQ," "Italian," "Raspberry Vinaigrette," and "Plain." I see us pulling them out, throwing them on the grill, or sauteing them with rice or noodles. I think those bags of frozen peppers and onions from Birdseye are going to be my friends this summer.

I am currently procrastinating on sticking my hands in a bunch of raw hamburger. I'm going to season, patty, and freeze some hamburgers, and then I'm going to make up a couple of tex mex meatloafs that David loves. Then I've got to brown some ground beef for the massive pot of spaghetti sauce that must get made today because the ground beef was on manager's special. =)

Did I mention that a bunch of ladies from church are coming over here for a prayer shower for me tomorrow? And I haven't dusted in... awhile?

I hope that Seth takes the longest afternoon nap in the history of long toddler naps... =) Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yup. You're nesting!

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks left. I hope you will have some productive and peaceful days between now and then!