Tuesday, May 05, 2009

First nursery...

It went from this....

...to this! The rocking chair is a loaner from my childhood room. I got the baskets you see at Goodwill and yard sales. The "changing table" is the table we used to use for our computer desk. And the curtains came with the bedding we inherited from the days when David's parents had a crib at their house. I really liked it as well as anything I saw in the store, and they work great in here with the paint color.

How do ya like our $20 crib? =) I wasn't so impressed with it at first, but with the little bar down, it looks more inviting. I think you can tell from this picture what we're naming the little man.


I am really pleased with how these turned out. I bought them over a year ago at a local antique mall when I was shopping for something for a friend's birthday. They're puzzles from the 1950's, and I paid $3 a piece for them. I just hot glued picture hangars onto the back, and voila!
This is the first time we've ever done a nursery for a baby who wasn't here yet! So fun... I'm sure you can tell we recycled a lot from Seth's room. Now his new room will be quite the reveal. Stay tuned for that one...



1 comment:

katie said...

that room looks great... and I LOVE the name you've chosen.