Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day! We had nursery duty this morning, and it was baby dedication Sunday. =) That meant we got put with the babies. I cuddled sweet little ones all morning. As I was leaving, Don, who's been rocking and singing hymns to the littlest ones for 16 years, said, "I'll look forward to rocking your little one soon." I got a bit misty eyed, I must admit...

In May 2006, I found out that I was finally going to become a mom. My pregnancy test would've been scheduled for Mother's Day if it hadn't been a Sunday. I didn't know whether to think this was just another divine test of my endurance or not. But sure enough, that Monday, I found out Seth was coming.

This was the first year he's been able to actually wish me a "Happy Mother's Day." I'm going to have to videotape him saying it. He sounds like an angel, even if he starts screaming and throwing trucks not long afterward. =)

And every day is Mother's Day when you're married to David. We've gotten so much done this weekend, and its been mostly him. We got to go out to dinner last night, and we're grilling out today with Sarah and Stephen and the twins.

The picture below is of my Mother's Day present. Mom got me the plants, and David and Seth got me the baskets. Hopefully, they will hold up for several years. They look soooo much better than the plastic baskets they came with. I have 4 across my front porch.

A Soft Place to Land gave me some detailed instructions, though I'd been hoping to do this before. Go here for a tutorial on hanging baskets.

I hope you're having a wonderful Mother's Day, wherever you are and whatever you're doing. And if you're someone hoping to become a mother, and your heart aches today, I'm saying a prayer for you... Hang in there, girl.

No comments: