Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nausea...

Ugh. Last night I had horrible heartburn, and this morning I woke up with backache and nausea. David had gone to the 8:00 service at church (Seth may be sick, so we didn't go), and he was all set to help the understaffed nursery for the next two services. Well... I called him and asked him to come home because I felt so bad.

I lay down, and I worried that this was labor. =) How do I know what labor feels like? Never had it with Seth... But it hasn't gotten worse, so I'm guessing its not. The nausea just comes and goes, and its very hard to get comfortable. I didn't know this was a symptom of some late pregnancy, but I guess it is. I hope he shifts or something soon. I don't want to feel this way for another week. =(

But at least the good people at the hospital won't despise me for calling them away from their Memorial Day festivities to deliver a baby... And David wants me to hold off. He's got some things to do at work that he'd have to get coverage for if I go early. But I guess you never know when you're playing the pregnancy waiting game...

In other news, I got Seth a baby doll at a yard sale this Saturday. It's blondeish with blue eyes, and he LOVES it. He's been carrying it around and rocking it and putting it to sleep. He tells us that he's doing all these things as well as showing us. When he wanted to put Baby down his slide, we got some video. Precious... Somebody suggested doing this as a way to get him used to the idea of a new baby. So far, its been a success.

P.S. The poor little baby was naked when I bought him, but a newborn diaper and a preemie onsie that I'd accidentally bought fixed that right up. =)

*** UPDATE: I got a good night's sleep last night, and no nausea or backache this morning. Must've been that Zantac I tried to take for the heartburn. I won't be taking that again anytime soon. =)***

No comments: