Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Easy Breakfast Casserole...

Just another day in paradise...

Seth got up late on this dreary, rainy morning. I made him his weekly supply of whole wheat pastry flour waffles. He asks to eat a waffle at just about every meal these days. Sure, bub, in your dreams. (I make 'em all on one day and then put them in a plastic ziploc in the fridge and re-heat them in the toaster each morning. He doesn't have syrup on them.)

The park playdate for MOPs was cancelled, so we went downtown to the children's museum. The train table and the grocery store were particular hits today. And then we met Daddy for lunch...

Time to start more laundry, but first, I thought I'd share a super easy, very yummy breakfast casserole recipe I got from a friend. Yes, it has stuffing in it, but it doesn't taste very stuffingy. =)

Bianca’s Breakfast Casserole

2 cups dry chicken stove top stuffing mix (from the canister)
2 cups milk
1/2 lb. of sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all the ingredients together. Pour into a greased 8 x 11 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45-50 minutes or until set.

I think I dirtied all of one measuring cup, one spoon, and one bowl making this. I'd browned the sausage the night before. Easy peasy!

No comments: