Monday, May 04, 2009

Up early...


I'm up early... for me. Well, the old early. I guess there will be a new early coming soon. =)

David and I have noticed that we're doing things a little bit differently lately. I've been making whole wheat bread for sandwiches more often. He's been reading a book, gasp, for fun in the evenings. We've decided this must be our way of enjoying doing some things we know we won't be doing much of for awhile after Spartacus comes. =)

The baby's room is finally finished! It seems like we've been trying to get it all done for a few weekends, without much measurable success. David said that he started getting nervous after the last picture was hung. It makes this baby coming seem more real somehow. Well, that and the fact that we turned the calendar over this weekend...

The end of this pregnancy has been really different than it was with Seth. It's like night and day. I'm bigger, though I don't weigh any more, and its harder to get up and down. The baby is tons lower. I feel him moving all over my stomach, and he just feels so right there and active most of the time. And I'm a lot more likely to get dehydrated because its hot. I couldn't figure out why I was dizzy, lightheaded and had puffy hands on Saturday morning. A nurse friend enlightened me. I drank a ton of water and took a nap, so I'm glad I was doing the right thing even though I wasn't sure what was up. But I guess I just feel more fragile and tired and ready for this baby to come than I did with Seth.

With the coming of warmer weather and a shift in the wind directions, I'm enjoying this house a lot more than I did in the fall and winter. It's all about the wind around here. Even with leaves on the trees, warmer weather, etc., the difference is wind direction. It either carries the traffic noise to us or away from us. I like away from us.

I told David that I must finally be settling in and taking ownership because I want to take down the door knocker with the last owner's name on it. It's starting to get on my nerves to see it there. I finally feel like this is my house. And I'm thankful for that. It's been a bumpy road.

We had a great weekend with our little "monster." He's been calling himself that sometimes lately. We're seeing an imagination develop here. There's been a lot of chasing and tickling and giggling and playing cars going on. Last night, he said, "Night night, Mommy," as I was leaving after prayer time. It made my heart catch in my throat. I wish I could capture that sound in my memory forever. His voice will change so much in the next year... I just know it. These last days with him, just the three of us, are already starting to be so precious to me. I know now why they'll always be your baby...

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

This post is so sweet - I'm glad that you are settling in to the house... :-)