Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last day...


It's the last day for us... living like a family of 3... I don't have many pictures of just the three of us. This one definitely makes me smile. How'd he get so big? When did that happen, huh? =)

We said that we'd give this little guy until a couple of days before my official due date to decide if he wanted to show up semi-naturally. He apparently has decided not to take us up on our offer. =) Well, we kinda rescinded it a few weeks ago anyway. We were talking, and David told me that he just didn't want me to take the risk of a VBAC. I was relieved not to have to be mulling it over anymore, and we decided that the c-section would be the way we went regardless.

The odds of something going wrong with a VBAC are small. I would probably be fine. But the costs of something going wrong could be big, and the risks from a c-section also appear to be small. So c-section it is. I know there are many people who would go the other way, but we're not those people. The struggle for live, healthy babies has changed us in ways that make us more risk averse than I think we would've been otherwise, and I know that.

I'm going under the knife at 10:15 a.m. tomorrow morning, May 29. And I'm more nervous this time because I've had more time to get nervous. =) I'm all about not having time or options to get nervous about, so that was great last time. "He's breech; you're having a c-section tomorrow. Any questions?" Nope, got it. Thanks.

So... on the agenda for today... Water play with my cute little boy... focusing on him instead of getting distracted by too much other stuff... finishing up laundry... feverishly completing the baby blanket... last touches on Seth's room... going for my pre-op appointment at the hospital... last time to eat at our favorite kid-friendly restaurant that is not Chick-Fil-A...

David's parents are coming in late tonight to be here with Seth. It's going to be tough to leave him behind. I wish he was having an easier time of it lately, but he's had a hard time coping the past couple of weeks. Sigh.

Time to go and get my little monkey up... while I ponder if the (relatively) easy days of parenting are now over... =)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck tomorrow! We will have you in our prayers! I can't wait to see pics of your new little guy.

And my advice on Seth...have David's parents make it all about him...now of course they'll see the baby and want to hold him. But when it's just them while y'all are at the hospital put the car seat in their car and have them do fun things that are all about him. It worked well with Bethany and I'm not even sure she missed us at all. I was at the hospital begging my mom to go get her because I missed her like crazy! :)

Just relax and enjoy your last day of just the two of you at home…because it will never be the same again...but in a good way. :)

SMS said...

So excited to meet baby Evan :) I am with Amy - relax and enjoy your day together today ... cherish the moments there are so many more to look forward too.. just wait until they are playing together :) Love you!!!

Catrin Joyner said...

I'll be praying for you today and tomorrow. Trust in the Lord with all your heart (oh yeah, that's every last corner of it ;0) He has ordained each of these days for you and will sustain you, your husband and your boys through each one. Can't wait to see the photos of your precious new one. Catrin

littlebeemama said...

Good luck, Ellen! You guys will be in my prayers. There is nothing wrong with wanting to minimize the risk to yourself and your baby. Can't wait to see pictures of the little fella!

Momma B. said...

Yipee!!! I am so glad for you! At least this way you totally know what to expect. I can't wait to see this little feller!

And rest assured, I know you know Seth will be in good hands. I am sure Diana will glad for the excuse to rest from "new house" work and enjoy her grandson! We will be praying and joyously waiting!!!!