Friday, June 26, 2009

4 weeks old...

Evan, its impossible for me to get my mind around the idea that you are 4 weeks old today. It literally does seem like yesterday that we were in the hospital. These past days have flown by in a haze of sleepy cuddles and snuggles and myriad diaper changes. I look at the counters, and its a mess of burp cloths and green pacifiers. It is such a gift to see the evidence of tiny baby you wherever I look...
You're another dream come true for us. You're so perfect and healthy, and we're grateful. We are parents to two! The barren woman has become a mother to children...plural. We're so glad you came...

Every day, I take a nap with you while Seth naps. Sometimes I know that you're sleepy enough that you'd sleep on your own... but I don't let you. =) I know that the day will come very soon when you won't want to nap with me anymore. So I curl you up in the crook of my arm and doze with your downy hair under my chin. This time is a gift...

No comments: