Monday, June 08, 2009

Second week begins...

David left this morning for work. It's 7:39 a.m., and I miss him already. That's what happens when you have a husband who insists on putting the baby back to bed every time you nurse him... no matter how long it takes.

I'm starting to hit the second week wall. I remember this. Exhaustion means I am always just a moment away from holding back weepy tears. This time I worry that I'm not giving the firstborn as much of me as I would like. I have moments of missing the days when I could just walk down the street, holding his tiny hand, leisurely letting him hunt for rocks. I want to pick him up and hold him, and I can't just yet. I miss that.

Mom came riding in on her white horse (disguised as a blue Honda minivan). She will help me with all the many little things that need to be done, and I can go grocery shopping alone today. She will help feed us, and she will help me keep from losing it. That's what she did last time. =)

So pray for us as we transition. New babies are so wonderful... and exhausting... and perfect... and confusing... and bring up all sorts of crazy emotions...

No comments: