Thursday, June 18, 2009

Things to be thankful for today...

A list of things to be thankful for today...

- The sun is FINALLY back out again! It's been rainy and gross all week, and that's been hard on my admittedly postpartum mood. I don't like gray days unless its winter, and I can curl up with a good book and some hot cocoa.

- Though Evan was wide awake until 1:00 a.m., after that he went right back to sleep after feedings until 8:00 a.m. Hopefully David got to sleep through...

- The nursery teacher from CBS just brought us a yummy chicken pot pie, blueberry sour cream coffee cake, and a salad. Ok, girl, you rock my baby every Thursday out of the goodness of your heart, lend Seth your son's awesome shoes for a year, and then bring me a meal when I have a new baby... and you're going to rock this baby all next year. C'mon, when do I get to help you out!

- Though the days with a newborn can seem long and never-ending, the moments of snuggles and blue eyed stares do still seem too short. I love awake time with Evan propped up on my knees on the loveseat, just the two of us, while big brother saws logs upstairs.

- Seth loves his baby brother. No hints of jealousy.

- I'm learning that sometimes its ok to put the nursing baby down in between sides, take care of the big boy, and get back to business. The wailing is fine if it only lasts a few minutes. =)

- Tomorrow is Friday, and I've almost made it through a whole week on my own! I may even have enough energy to do something for Father's Day this Sunday! =)

1 comment:

littlebeemama said...

Those are a lot of things to be thankful for, Ellen! I think you are doing a great job balancing two little ones.