Thursday, June 04, 2009

At the computer...

Clicking around the net... toddler down for his nap... eyelids drooping and drowsiness winning...

David walked out the door a few minutes ago, holding an infant carrier and a diaper bag. Pride was shining in his eyes. He's off to show his newborn to the folks at his office. They'll be back in time to eat again. =) Amazing the confidence that allows us both to let him go alone to do that. Second time parenting is more confident and relaxed than first time...

First doctor's appointment this morning. Seth and David had time to kill. God provided a special blessing for my 2-year-old.... a construction site full of equipment and activity right across the street from the pediatrician's office. Right when they needed something to do while they waited. I feel God's love for my oldest today, and I see it in the provision of dumpers dumping, diggers digging, welder's welding, shovels shoveling... He loved it.

Baby has gained a lot of weight back from his time in the hospital. And I love wheeling him around and hearing others tell me how "beautiful" he is. I beam with quiet joy. He is, isn't he? =)

Now, time for me to take this chance for a little beauty rest of my own...

No comments: