Friday, June 05, 2009

Sunshine on a cloudy day...

Sarah and I had plans to go out for ice cream tonight... just us and the littlest man.

By the time dinnertime rolled around, I was frazzled and cross. I had just discovered that I had two pairs of anything cool that fit me on the bottom... a gray pair of loaner capris and a faded pair of black capris. And most of my maternity tops look rough with them. I still look awfully pregnant. It's pretty depressing. I kinda forgot how depressing it is, actually.

So, both boys were needing attention, and we were both working hard to get dinner on the table. And I felt like a cow. Because last time around, I could at least wear my maternity pants after my c-section. This time... no dice. I am more swollen in the exact wrong areas.

But Sarah came, and she brought sunshine with her. We left and went to Target. And she brought me item after item, and she encouraged me because the same thing had happened to her after her c-section. She couldn't wear her maternity pants either. And I started feeling a lot better.

I left Target with skirts and shorts and capris that I really like. But I came away with much more than that. I came away with a refreshed and soothed heart because Sarah took the time to empathize and sympathize and help me get some of the spring back in my tired step.

Thanks, sis. You were a wonderful extension of the body of Christ to me today.

1 comment:

SMS said...

You are most welcome, beautiful :) What a blessing to be close enough to treat you the way I have always wished I could when I was far away. Thanks for letting me share in your new mommy glow. Love you so much, best friend :)