Monday, June 29, 2009

Frozen German Sweet Chocolate Pie...

The baby is graciously allowing me to put him down at the moment, so I'm typing fast.

I made this pie last week for friends who were bringing pizza over, since it was his birthday. I know, I know, we're still having meals brought to us, and I haven't figured out how to make a meal at meal time yet, but I did this. Probably BECAUSE there are still being meals brought to us. =)

But its just because I'm cheap. =) I priced ice cream cakes, but couldn't bring myself to buy one that I didn't think would be as tasty for far more money.

And I was ready for another challenge, I guess. It's like Baby Survivor around here...

"See if Ellen can make it through her last 15 minutes of shopping at Food Lion with two crying children. (Evan- because a loaf of bread fell on his foot and woke him up. Seth- because he had to share his extra race car seat with a gallon of milk.) Observe as the other customers look at her race car shopping cart full of baby, toddler, and precarious groceries like she's a circus act. Follow her home, and watch as she makes this pie with a baby on her shoulder, since he's decided not to sleep at his usual time. Yes, faithful viewers, she did it... one handed. She won't be voted off the island this week."

Without further ado, here's the recipe:

Frozen German Sweet Chocolate Pie

1 pkg. (4 oz.) Baker's German Sweet Chocolate
1/3 c. milk
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 T. sugar
1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, thawed
1 graham cracker crust

Get out a large glass bowl, and put chocolate and a couple of tablespoons of the milk in it. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stopping halfway through to stir. With a mixer, beat in cream cheese, sugar, and remaining milk until well blended. Refridgerate 10 minutes to cool. Stir in Cool Whip, and spoon into the crust. Freeze 4 hours. Thaw 15 min. before serving.

No comments: