Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Because inquiring minds want to know... day 2...

Since Kelli, and presumably some of my other relatives, want to know how day 2 went...

It went a lot better than day 1. =) Seth had a really good attitude and played well, and that makes all the difference.

Even though I didn't get a shower because Evan resisted strongly going back to sleep without being in the bed with me. But showers really aren't a priority right now. I did manage to get dressed, put on makeup, and get Seth up without him waking up!

I tried to get to the library story time this morning. The library is literally 3 minutes from my house, so I thought this would be a good test outing. We even got there 7 minutes early... only to find that they'd filled up and started already. A rainy day combined with this being the first week back for the summer session, I guess...

I nearly cried in the library. I'm hormonal. And Seth kept asking if we could "go storytime."

So I tried again. We loaded back up and went to the local bookstore to see the train table. I should've known something was up when most of the front parking spaces were full. Yep, they were ending their own weekly story time. And that meant several children around the train table.

A particularly nasty 3-year-old boy ran Seth's train off the tracks and pushed him aside, and he eventually melted in tears. So we had to leave that outing, too. Sigh. The little boy survived to shove another day. I was seething, but I restrained myself from chewing out the boy's mother, who was obliviously chatting with her friends while her son terrorized the small fry. Watch your children, people! And do something when they're unkind to others!

So this day went well... if you don't count my fragile hormones. =) The boys did great. I napped with Evan, and Seth was so tired (probably from listening to Evan scream from 5-7 a.m.) that he asked to "go night night" at nap time and took a long nap. And now my Big Angel is playing outside for a bit with Daddy. =)

1 comment:

Speechless Mom said...

I'm sorry about the meanie! We've run into that a few times too, and it is so frustrating when mothers don't watch their kids.

Another place we discovered for story time/play stuff around here is the Whole Foods. Do y'all have one nearby? Maybe you could try there for a free fun outing, if they are set up like the one here. Every Friday is story time with a cute craft and snack afterward, and they have a play area for little kids. I never buy anything there (way too expensive) but sometimes I let Zach push one of the kid-sized shopping carts around the store when he's tired of the play area. He loves it!!