Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Easy way to copy things...

I really enjoy Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in my Dryer. And, thanks to my computer savvy husband, I've come up with a good way to save all these tips for later on.

If you have Microsoft Word, go in and pull up a new document. Then go to the recipe/tip you'd like to save, highlight it, hit cntrl C, then go back to the empty Word document.

Now, this is special, at least to me. Go to the menu, and under edit, select paste special. Then select unformatted text. This will copy the item you want in there without anything funky, like weird spacings or colored fonts, etc.

I've been saving craft and activity ideas for when Seth is older in their own Word folder. I have another one for recipes. I also make sure to copy and paste the URL for the place where I got the tip so I can pass it on to others. This really works for me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know this either! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

this is a great tip! thank you.

Jodi said...

that's essentially exactly what I'm doing today, url & all. woo hoo! enjoy

Anonymous said...

That's a good way to have a handy reference sheet when you don't want to make a complicated meal. Thanks!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

You can also cut and paste directly into Notepad for the same result. I keep a new Notepad document on my desktop at all times so that I don't have to go searching for it.