Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hmmm...

Ok, so we're at my in-laws for the weekend, hanging out with our sweet nieces and nephew from Texas. We're pretty frazzled and spazzed and all the other zzzz words. We're also a bit on the edge of our seats...

We got a call from the homeowner yesterday afternoon. Here's how its going down. They got the other offer from the other couple, and we get the impression that its pretty comparable to ours. They are an older couple, and they've already done a good bit of work trying to get ready to sell, and they're hoping to be done. They offered to take some off of our offer price if we would agree to do the painting and new carpets. They gave the same offer to the other couple.

We called this morning and told them we'd accept the offer. But... the other couple hadn't called them back yet, and the wife told me they weren't comfortable telling us they'd accept without waiting to see if the other couple would accept their similar offer. She said they'd never done this before, and she honestly didn't know what they'd do if we both wanted to accept. I don't think they're honestly wanting to create a bidding war. They didn't jump on doing that in the beginning; they just made us the same offer. (I think they just want to be done and living on their farm.) In a bidding war, I think we'll lose.

But I still have peace. I honestly feel that God is going to give us this house. I can't explain it. I know I could be wrong. I don't think we can go up, and I don't think that would be prudent, but I'm not worried. I know that God can touch their hearts and create the desire in them to let us have it if that is His will for us.

And I believe strongly in the power of prayer. We are in a house full of Christians who are praying for God to intervene for us, and most of all, that His will will be done. I was getting my face on this morning, and I thought, "You know, I need to go upstairs, get on my blog, and ask my buds to pray for me, too." So that's what I'm doing. I have discovered a community of Christian love on the internet, and I appreciate your encouragement and your prayers.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

We're praying! Thanks for sharing all the updates...keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

praying!
can't wait to hear how it all unfolds.

SMS said...

Praying praying praying praying!!!!