Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Cozy little blessing...


Before...

Since all great and small gifts come from our Father above, then He must've given this little blessing to me today! I had been wanting to buy a Cozy Coupe car for Seth for quite awhile, but they're pretty tough to find used. There wasn't a single one in good condition at any of the consignment sales I've been to, and the price tag for a new one is kinda steep.

I had a dentist appointment today, and a sweet friend kept Seth for me so I could go. As I drove by on the way to her house, I saw this little beauty by a trash can. It was still there on my way back from the doctor, so I stopped and asked the family if I could have it. (I sure didn't want to take some kid's toy that had been left by the trash by mistake!)

It was covered in dirt and grime, but everything works! I may see if I can get the "hubcaps" off to WD-40 the wheels. It's amazing what a hose, dish soap, a magic eraser, and a little elbow grease can do.

After...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooo! Nice find! I'm trying not to covet your cozy coupe....

Rachel said...

Very cool! Funny though, we found ours out by the road in the trash too! I picked it up as someone else seemed to be interested in it. I was so happy to see it there! I how the Lord sends little blessings our way each day!!!

NotTheMama said...

Is it not amazing what some throw away?!?! One of my aunts recently picked up a bed (minus the mattress) from someone's trash pile (with permission!), and decided she didn't want it... Now instead of my oldest nephew(4 years)refusing to sleep in a bed by himself, and the 2-year-old falling out of his toddler bed, both boys share a bigger bed with safety rails, and mom and dad can sleep alone for the first time in 4 years! ;)