Thursday, July 31, 2008

A conversation with Daddy...

"Hi, honey. I just wanted to let you know some things before you go to the cabin.... You have to turn on the water under the porch and plug in the water heater. Your mother left you some dishwashing soap, and there's a plastic tub full of paper towels and stuff under our bed....

The weather should be really good. It was beautiful when we were there last weekend. Nice breeze, and we didn't see a single bug. If you go over to Emerald Isle, it'll probably be crowded. Your mother put up some new curtains in the bathroom, and you haven't seen the miniblinds I put up yet....

You might want to take the new I-70 to get there; it's a good way to go. You remember that produce stand we used to stop by? We got some good peaches there last weekend, and they have homemade peach ice cream....

They're having a gas war in Kinston, so I'd fill up there. It'll be more expensive at the beach. The new neighbors behind us are nice; I told them you'd stop by and let them meet the baby. Have a good time. Love you."

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Where do you go to the beach? It sounds like it's near Emerald Isle. We won't be too far from there this weekend either. I am going with my family to Atlantic Beach. I'm guessing you will be on the other side of the island? Well, anyway have fun at the beach cabin (it sounds nice) and we'll have fun in the little condo near Fort Macon. I look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.