Friday, July 25, 2008

Still here... and Baked Oatmeal...

It's been a crazy week. I could go into it, but its all good, and all mundane enough, so I won't do much of that. I've swapped babysitting favors multiple times, had a doctor's appointment, hosted my parents for a night so they could sit so I could break my back checking out hundreds of bargain rabid mommies at the state's largest consignment sale, watched Amy's baby overnight for her, etc. And I'm really looking forward to the weekend. So... no pics now of last weekend. Maybe later. After I pick my tongue up off the floor.

I did find time in the middle of all that to make baked oatmeal one morning. While babysitting twins, so I don't know what I was thinking, but... It makes a ton, is healthy, and saves well. But don't try to eat it in your car while driving. I got baked oatmeal all over my floormats. But its not mushy, so I only spent 10 minutes picking up crumbs. And Seth loves it.

2 1/4 c. quick oats or 2 3/4 c. oats
1/3-1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 t. cinnamon
dash salt
3 c. milk (I used powdered skim, and you can't tell at all. It's a cheap way to use milk in baking.)
1 egg
1 t. oil
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 dish. Mix all ingredients together well, and pour in. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set.

No comments: