Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nursery renegade...

Seth got kicked out of the CBS nursery this morning, little rebel that he is. Poor baby. I knew I'd probably only be able to register for next year and bring my dish for our brunch before I'd get summoned. Sure enough, the pager went off after about 20 minutes. His teeth are really bothering him. I thought yesterday was bad, but he really woke up on the wrong side of the crib this morning.

I have discovered toddler time out recently. =) I've only used it twice, but I think its been effective for us both. Lately, Seth has started throwing a temper tantrum in his high chair if he thinks I'm taking too long to get his food ready. I try to let it go if I know that he's feeling awful, but sometimes, he's just throwing a fit because he can. So I remembered something I read about this, and I took him out of his chair, saying, "I'm sorry you're upset, but you can't scream at Mommy when she's not getting your food quickly enough." I then hold him at arm's length, take him to his crib, deposit him there, and then walk out without looking behind me. I have to get his food ready, and that takes about a minute, so he sits there and calms down while I do it. And he knows that Mommy won't tolerate a temper fit. And I get to calm myself down if I'm getting frustrated. Both of us sometimes need a time out. =)

I've noticed the last few days that I've been feeling somewhat antisocial. I don't know what it is. Everything in life is outwardly going swimmingly. I like being helpful to Sarah, who has been calling and emailing about moving stuff. It's not like I really feel like I know I need to change something. Maybe it's that I'm looking around and feeling a little overwhelmed by all I have to do for the next week and all the people in my life. I have so many relationships to juggle now that I didn't have before. It's a wonderful thing, but it's a little overwhelming as well. Maybe this sociable extrovert has her limits? Shocking thought.

Yesterday, I had a nice, long Bible study time. I prayed about my doubts and fears and my lack of zeal for Christ. I prayed about my hardness of heart and my lukewarmness. Life is so good that I feel like I'm taking Christ, just himself, for granted. I pray about that a lot. I want the feelings to follow, but sometimes, they don't follow so easily. So I just trust that He knows my desire to have more of a desire for Him, and that He will honor my puny efforts. He has been so good, and I know that. Every day, I see fresh blessings and kindnesses straight from His hand. Why doesn't my heart sing more? I know that if I am just faithful to seek Him and learn from His word, those feelings will follow as I draw closer. But I am thankful that He is there, and He is faithful, and I am His child, even when I know that I don't measure up to giving Him the kind of praise He so richly deserves.

1 comment:

SMS said...

Oh no :( I promise not to send any more requests!!!!!