Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Amy is leaving...

Ok, last Friday, Amy called and wanted to pick up a folding table that she'd loaned us for a party... last fall. I know, I know, but neither of us wanted to fool with it, and it wasn't taking up much space in our storage shed. When she called and said they were all coming to get it on a beautiful evening, I thought this sounded like a nice, casual drop in. But I was suspicious. Why did they want it back? I couldn't imagine them having a big party less than a month before their little boy is due.

They're not having a big party less than a month before her due date. Nope. They're moving halfway across the country less than a month before her due date. No biggie. =) Amy is heading back to Kansas. I don't really think her heart ever left Kansas, actually. Her body has been here since last summer, but she has been wishing and hoping and thinking and praying for an opportunity to go back to her hometown for awhile now. I can't say I blame her. I'm home, and I'm loving it. Everyone should be so lucky as to be within an easy drive of their parents. Especially when you have young kids and are in need of free babysitting.

Amy and little Bethany came over on Tuesday after MOPs. I made them pizza, and Bethany and Seth had one last play party. They were so cute together. That made me want to tear up right then and there. Bethany stacked up blocks for Seth to knock down (his new favorite game), and he was trying to climb on her back and pull her hair. She loved it. I need to get Seth a 2 1/2 year old sister, pronto. I'll get working on that. =) I set Amy up with her very own blog, so I expect to be hearing from her and seeing pictures very soon. You got that, Amy?

I'm going to miss her. I'm going to miss the time we spent hanging out at my place, sharing a laugh and a sandwich. Seth is going to miss his big girl buddy. Good luck to you, Amy. I will be praying for you as you go. I know the Lord has something amazing for you back home in Kansas.


No comments: