Friday, June 22, 2007

Sorry, all...

I had to take down the earlier post. I hope those of you who might care got to see it before it got deleted. David was worried about it being up at this point in the Court term. It will come back later on, don't you worry...

In other matters, Seth and I just spent a lovely day with a professional photographer! We have a law school friend who married a cool guy who just happens to do this for a living. He's working on getting a portfolio of kid's shots together, and he asked if he could do Seth. For free!!! He's giving us all the pictures he took on CD, and we also get a free print by him. I wish I could show you some of his kid work, but it's on a protected website for his client's privacy, so I can't. If you want to see some other things he's done, though, you can at www.belf.org. Suffice to say, I'm excited. He came around 11:00, and he stayed until 3:00, following us around, watching our daily life. I felt like I did jumping jacks and stood on my head trying to get Seth to smile. He was too fascinated with the big, black, clicking thing. It took awhile for him to start ignoring it to smile at me. It was a little nervewracking at first. I was trying so hard for Kim to get a good shot. And of course, I couldn't get Seth to sleep so that he could get a sleeping baby shot. Maybe Seth just didn't want to nap in a cradle draped in black velvet. =)

In other news, we are finally, cross my fingers, at the end of a nap boycott. Seth started out the week by deciding that he was done with napping. On Tuesday, it felt like I spent the entire day listening to him cry in his cradle. He would nap for about 20-30 minutes out of every 1 1/2 hour nap cycle. He did this all day. It was truly awful. I would go in there after thirty minutes of crying and try to rock him back to sleep, but it wouldn't really work. By the time David got home, I decided it was a cigarette, martini, bubble bath, huge candy bar kind of day. I had the latter two and needed them desperately. My nerves were shot. I didn't know what to do. But finally, on Thursday, Seth found his THUMB!!! Praise the Lord and Hallelujah. He loses it every once in awhile, and I get to hear whiny, tired, crying for a few minutes while he tries to find it again. But that's a lot better than persistent, loud crying for an hour at a time!

No comments: