Monday, June 11, 2007

Homemade Pizza Sauce

One of the quick meals that I do is homemade pizza. Sometimes I buy a premade pizza crust in a tube, and today, I'm trying a quick Martha White pizza dough mix. Before baby, I made my own crust in the breadmaker. No longer...sigh. But I have been using a Papa John's sauce clone recipe for awhile now. Seth let me make it today while he whined away in the Bumbo on our countertop. My attempts to interest him in the process, ("See, sniff the garlic powder!") fell on deaf ears. He went down for another nap early today. This recipe is good, it freezes well, and it has no preservatives or high fructose corn syrup. I freeze it flat in 3 ziploc bags after it cools. I find that that usually makes enough for 3, medium-sized pizzas. Enjoy!

Homemade Pizza Sauce

1 large can of crushed tomatos
2 T. sugar
2 t. olive oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. basil
1/4 t. thyme
1/4 t. garlic powder

Put it all together in a small, non-stick saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

TheNormalMiddle said...

MMMMMM i'm hungry! :)