Friday, June 18, 2010

coolness…

We got to take a refreshing dip in a community pool this afternoon. It’s not our community pool, but thanks to the graciousness of our friends, we’ll get to enjoy it this summer. Ahhh…. it was so nice. I haven’t been in around here since it officially got hot enough to call it summer in N.C. Seth got to walk around saying, “I’m swimming, I’m swimming,” since it was 2 ft. quite a ways out. Evan squealed and squealed and squealed…. and fell in… and squealed and squealed… you get the picture. He’s totally fearless.

Revving up for a big Father’s Day weekend around here. Seth went with me last night to pick out some presents for Daddy. It felt so nice to just be able to walk down the sidewalk holding his hand, no stroller, no diaper bag. It made him seem so old to me. And he was great at the picking. I’d just lay out 3 or 4 things, and he’d pick one. “Are you sure?” I’d say. And he’d say “Yes!” with a very satisfied smile. I can’t believe I have a child old enough to pick out his own Father’s Day presents…

We painted a Father’s Day crown for Daddy. You can get it at Family Fun magazine’s website, and its pretty cute. Should’ve printed it on cardstock, but whatever...

I want this weekend to be as low key as possible for the wonderful man in all our lives. I steam mopped the floor today, and I hope to have the laundry folded by the time he comes home. And dinner involves bacon, so what more could a man want, right? =)

He calmly watched me give him The Scowl as I visually demonstrated with the jeans why I was disappointed in my exercise class. And he gently reminded me that I’ll always be beautiful… and that I might as well get used to the fact that entropy is entropy, and its only going to go downhill slowly from here. True… but men only get better looking with age. So not fair… But I do believe the beautiful part when he says it. The eyes of love are the best mirror…

No comments: