Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Summer heat and pregnancy…

Man, it got hot fast! It’s been in the 90’s for the last few days, and today is the first day of June!

I’ve got to admit that this has me a little worried. Late August seems really far away, and I already have a little bit of swelling in my hands and possibly some swelling in my legs. Sigh. By the time the boys go down for nap, all I want to do is put my feet up and rest.

We went to the local kiddie pool this morning. It was crowded, but really great for us all. I thought I was keeping cool, but I was slightly dizzy by the time we left. I’m guessing I needed to drink a lot of water. The dizzy feeling didn’t go away until an hour later. I guess I’m really going to have to be careful all summer.

There are a million things that I want to do to get ready for this baby. The boys’ closets need to be cleaned out. All the boy clothes need to be gone through, sorted, and many given away. The playroom needs another thorough cleanout. I want to steam clean all the upholstery and downstairs rugs…. You get the idea. I know that once this baby comes, it’ll be about 2 years before we’ll feel up to doing any of this again.

BUT… it’s so hard already for me to find the energy to do any of it. David has decided that we’ll tackle projects on some weeknights after the boys go to bed. That’s a good idea. I hope it works out for us…

Maybe I’ll get a burst of energy and excitement to encourage me soon… =)

No comments: