Wednesday, June 08, 2011

brain dump at 12:21 a.m.

I can’t sleep. “Trey” (also known as Baby Boy the 3rd) has been having a party in my tummy, and that usually gets me thinking and rolling around trying to get comfortable, and sometimes it ends with me coming downstairs and checking Facebook for the 100th time today at midnight. This is one of those nights…

Sooo…. after all my bellyaching and worrying about everything I want to get done in another 2 1/2 months… I actually got something done. David (aka Mr. Organized and Motivated) pulled me up off my heavy tushie, and we spent an evening cleaning all the toys out of the shed and de-cluttering the playroom. We started the shed part when the kids were up, and that ended with them whining, muddy, covered in bug bites, and in need of a quick bath. But after they were in bed, things really got cooking. We went to bed with a nicely decluttered playroom (and shed) and bags of toys on the front porch. Bags, I tell you.

This lead to us deciding to attempt our First Ever Yard Sale this Saturday. I’m nervous, y’all. I hope this isn’t a huge flop. I hope creepy people don’t come and try to run off with baby toys under their trench coats. I hope we don’t all succumb to heat stroke. If you have any tips for having a successful yard sale, I’m all ears. I know I should advertise on Craigslist and get plenty of change, etc.

We’ll be spending a couple of nights this week going through every stitch of boy clothes we have- from 0-3 months to 5T. I may have to hyperventilate into a paper bag. We have a LOT of clothes.

Random thought: I was in our local grocery store the other night, and I started longing to shop there with another newborn. This is how it went when Evan was born: I’d load the baby up in the car about 9 or 10 at night, (after everything was quiet but before he was willing to go down), and we’d stroll through the deserted aisles. I’d be bleary eyed and tired, but it was a peaceful time. His infant carrier would be propped in front of me on the front seat of the cart, and I could enjoy watching his little face and tickling his tiny feet as I picked up the frozen broccoli for the week. Little man doing jumping jacks in my tummy, we have a date at the Food Lion coming up soon. I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: