Tuesday, June 14, 2011

summer evening…

DSC_0263-1

Ahhh, June evening with no humidity, I love you. =) This is my toddler boy eating on our new screened in porch. Yes, we did it, and I don’t regret it! I love sitting out there in the evening watching the fireflies, and we still have half the deck for grilling and water play. My mom has reminded me over and over again that I spent more time on our screened in porch growing up than anybody else in the family. She knows me…

Now, we haven’t put much on it yet. This will probably be our last time trying to eat a sit down dinner out there for awhile. Evan getting up and down and up and down while we were trying to eat a full dinner at the card table was driving me nuts, so I think we’ll wait awhile to get the full patio set. We have a little round table I can use for me to eat on while picnicking with the boys, and that’ll be fine for awhile longer. But the porch swing is definitely there… you can’t have a screened in porch without one, in my opinion. =)

I’m loving these summer days with my boys. Just a few of the highlights…

- Seth’s new obsession with riding his bike with training wheels. A neighbor gave it to us, and we put it away for awhile in the shed until he was really good at pedaling the trike. Every morning when he wakes up lately, he asks, “Can I ride my bicycle today?” He walks out on the front porch to “check on his bicycle.” I got him a helmet and a bike bell today, and we took our first ride in the neighborhood with him tonight, him riding and us pushing Evan in the stroller. This is a sweet first for us all.

- Seth convincing Evan to try scrambled eggs for the first time. And Evan loving them so much that he cried when there weren’t any more. =)

- Boys taking turns climbing up on the block box and diving over the arm of the loveseat, giggling and squealing, over and over…

- Evan bringing Seth one wooden block at a time so Seth can build a castle. And then when all the blocks are gone, both of them knocking it down with wild abandon.

- The look on Seth’s face when he felt the baby kick him for the first time.

- Making a triple batch of banana bread while they push cars around my feet. And being excited about my new habit of dumping some ground flax seed into everything baked. You can’t even taste it! =)

No comments: