Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy birthday, tiny one...

Happy birthday, teeny one. And yes, you're still teeny at the ripe old age of 1. I love it...

We're at my parent's house. Its my refuge when David is working too much. The original plans to go to the beach for Memorial Day fell through when the working started, but I'm thankful for this place where I can always get help when overload comes...

I made a chocolate peanut butter cup cake since I saw it on the internet, and I wanted to. =) I made Evan a cupcake sans peanut butter or frosting, and he dived into it with gusto. He also had his first hamburger bites, and that was also a hit. Old family friends came over to sing "Happy Birthday" to him. The oldest boy just graduated from college, and I remember when he was a little kid parking cars at my wedding. I'm gettin' old.

It was a good low key 1st birthday overall, and we'll celebrate again next weekend at the park with some friends. David will still be working, but he thinks he can take off for a little party. And I'm going to make a rainbow cake. Stay tuned for pictures....

And Evan, here are some things Mommy loves to remember about you now that you're one...

- You said your 1st sentence on the day before your birthday. I took you out on the porch, and David was coming up the walk. I said, "Who is it?" You squealed, and I swear that you said, "It's Daddy!" You said it several times in a row. I'm glad that was your first sentence.

- You've started shaking your head "no" when you don't want to eat something. That something is usually a green vegetable. Your favorite fruit is bananas, and you had your first real banana recently.

- If a baby could live on Cheerios alone, you would do it. You love to pick them up and shove them into your mouth as fast as you can.

- You like to pick up things and chuck them carelessly over your shoulder. Seth never did this.

- You're a babbler and a squealer. You always seem to be telling me something that I'm not bright enough to understand. When Seth does something you think is exciting, you squeal and squeal.

I love you, sweetie. I took you for a little walk, just the two of us, when it was almost 10:30 a.m., remembering what I was doing this time last year....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.