Saturday, May 08, 2010

happy mother’s day, y’all…

DSC_0421

This is my first Mother’s Day as a mother of two! Last year, Evan was kicking and punching in my tummy, but he wouldn’t come out for a couple more weeks. I tell him that he’s way cuter this year than he was last year… =)

I’m a mother, but I’m also celebrating my own mom. And since I’ve become a mommy, I’ve become marginally less selfish, and I don’t mind as much that this holiday isn’t all about me. Sure, I like the pampering. David got me a chick flick from Redbox and a candy bar from the local grocery last night, and I think I’m getting a homemade card from Seth tomorrow… but Mother’s Day doesn’t have to be a huge deal. My life is pretty sweet. Every day pretty much is Mother’s Day when you get lots of baby hugs and kisses…

No comments: