Tuesday, May 25, 2010

snatching victory….

 

DSC_0506

 

Sometimes it seems like I push and struggle through the day, attempting to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. =) Yesterday was one of those. Evan was fussy from the moment he woke up unless I was holding him, most likely the result of the bulging upper tooth trying to poke its way through.

But I soldiered on and reminded myself that the effort is worth it. Right? =)  Seth and I learned about snakes and did a snake craft (see www.firstschool.ws for a great snake you can print out and make into the shape of an S with ovals). I made him a playhouse with the folding table tent cover that David’s grandmother had sewed for her grandkids many moons ago. He played with his flashlight and toys in there for quite awhile, enjoying a respite from baby brother’s prying fingers…

And when I wanted to just quickly put Evan down at the end of the day, I didn’t. I rocked him, nearly falling asleep myself, and enjoyed his presence instead of thinking about how much his neediness had worn me out during the day. And when that was over, instead of wearily walking downstairs, I thought of how tired David was with all his overtime, and I cleaned up the bathroom from baths so he wouldn’t have to do it.

It’s easy to just give up when it seems like a lot of work to keep going. But if I just keep pushing on and trying to give and love despite the tiredness or frustration, I usually reap a rich reward. Can you think of a time that you’ve noticed this to be true in your life?  Can you think of a time when God rewarded you by making the road a little easier when you didn’t give up?

No comments: