Sunday, May 09, 2010

Glasses wearer… and not lovin’ it…

I’ve been wearing my glasses for about a month… and I don’t enjoy it. They’re bent, and they’ve been stepped on too many times. I want my contacts back!

But the reason I’ve been wearing my glasses is that my contacts are so foggy that they drive me crazy. I’m guessing its the unusual amounts of pollen we’ve been having lately. I try wearing them for a couple of hours, and I have to take them out again because my vision is so blurry, and I’m tired of blinking to try and clear it.

I’m thinking about taking the new years supply of Acuvue Oasys back to my eye doctor and asking for something else. Has anyone else out there tried Air Optics? They’re supposed to be a little less likely to get dirty so quickly. Anyone else had this problem with contacts?

I’m learning how much I’ve taken my ability to see for granted. I’m blind as a bat, and its amazing how much it irks me that I’ve been stuck with my glasses for so long. I’d consider Lasic, but I’m afraid they wouldn’t get it right, and then what would I do? This pair of eyes is faulty, but they’re what God gave me…

Any advice would be appreciated…

1 comment:

Paula said...

You know I am blind,too and my glasses have been worn a lot from being home with the kids and all. Do you have an astigmastism, too? I know that can make it where your contacts don't fit on the eye right. I have tried different contacts, but not familiar with the one you mentioned. I am sure it is the pollen and all, too. My eyes would get real dry and at one point gave me prescription eye drops, but they weren't safe anymore with pregnancy and nursing...so that won't help. I wish I had advice, but I guess I really don't.