Sunday, May 09, 2010

a cruel joke…

Massanutten 2010-APR__016

As I was getting ready for church this morning, I couldn’t help but think how different this day was 4 years ago. On that day, I didn’t go to church. It was too hard to see the pastor hand out roses to the youngest mother and the oldest mother and the mother with the most children… I stayed home and read my Bible by myself and wondered what kind of cruel joke I was in for this time…

After 3 years of infertility and 1 miscarriage, I was due for the last pregnancy test of my infertility treatments. And based on the way the clinic did things, testing exactly two weeks after the egg dropped, I was supposed to have my test on… Mother’s Day. Since it was a Sunday, I didn’t have that test. But I was dreading it. I thought God was giving me one more opportunity to struggle through a tough holiday.

Instead, He was smiling in kindness. There wasn’t another test of resilience to pass. I’d made it to the end of my long journey. He’d planned from long ago for me the have the best Mother’s Day present that I would ever get. That Monday, I found out that Seth was here…

There are a lot of women that were missing from church services all across America today. They’re hurting, and I never forget them each May. Say a prayer for those that think God has forgotten them among all the countless happy women hugging their babies and grandchildren…

No comments: