Monday, September 10, 2007

A visit from a lifetime friend...


Happy Birthday, Sarah!!!

It's Sarah's birthday today, and I'm sooo pleased that she came to share it with me. She's turning the big 2-9. It won't be long before childhood is over. You know, you can't trust anyone over 30... =)

Sarah came down to visit her family this weekend, and she managed to sneak in a little friend time along the way. She had to take Stephen back to the airport to fly out, and since she was in my neck of the woods, she came by here and spent the night last night. That meant she woke up in my guest room on her birthday morning. Now, I consider birthdays a really big deal, so I consider it quite an honor if someone chooses to spend their big day with me. I'm so glad that I got to be the one she spent time with today. It was so exciting, what with the whiny baby and the fascinating trip to Walmart, but I hope you had fun, "Diana."

I miss you, Sarah. I wish that you weren't living in Brooklyn. Sniff. But you know that if life ever just seems too hard, you can hop a jet, and I'll pick you up at the airport. It's not really far away! "True friends are always together in spirit..." Love you.

Now off to down some caffeine... Those late nights of talking do me in at this point... Beef and bean burritos for dinner...

1 comment:

SMS said...

Thanks Anne.. so sweet. A birthday that will go down on the list of greats. Just finished off the last piece of that amazing cake tonight.. packing to head back early tomorrow morning. Thanks again for everything.. I don't think I will ever be too old to pretend I am 14 again ..sitting up all night..talking about horses and the like... love you so much.