Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Arabic stew...

I got this recipe off of some other woman's blog, and now I have no idea who I took it from. But, it's really good. If it was your blog, let me know, and I'll give you credit... Anyway, I made it tonight. Easy, good flavor, and I'm freezing the leftovers...

Bezella


1 onion, chopped
1 lb. stew meat
1 t. salt
1/2 t. coriander
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 t. pepper
3 diced tomatos or canned diced tomatos
1 bag frozen peas and carrots (I used frozen peas and chopped up some carrot in the food processor
cooked rice

Brown onion and meat in a stew pot. Put in spices and stir; cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatos and veggies. Add a little bit of water, more if you want it soupy, less if you don't. Bring to boil, and then lower to a simmer. Simmer on low for about an hour. Coriander is better if you cook it a while. Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Oh, yeah, Seth and I are leaving tonight to go to Mom and Dad's for part of the weekend. They won't be there, so we'll be there camping out in their lovely house. =) I miss the old homeplace. But Rachel's baby girl is having her first birthday party on Saturday, and I'm finally close enough to go to something like that, so there ya have it. We're hitting all the consignment sales on Friday. Rachel is the Queen of Consignment. David will join us on Friday night after work, and we'll be back by Saturday night so we can try yet another church on Sunday...
And I have a big bone to pick with people who make clothing for baby boys. Why is that you people have decided that once a baby boy hits 9-12 months, all his clothes will be miniature adult man clothes?!!! I'm sorry, but I went through Target, looking for some fall things for Seth, and I was so ticked off that I left without anything. I do not have a miniature lumberjack, and I'm not ready to put him in polo shirts and mini sweatpants, nor do I want him looking like a tiny Abercrombie model. Where are all the suits with dinosaurs and puppy dogs on them? All of a sudden, he gets into 9 month clothes, and he's an adult? What's up with this? The child isn't even crawling yet! You moms of little girls do not understand my pain... I'm hoping I find something good at these sales, or off to the expensive baby stores I go. I will not give in! It's too early for this!

1 comment:

Speechless Mom said...

The Wal-mart here had some cute rompers all the way up to 24 months, but I had to really hunt all over for them. I definitely feel your pain!!