Monday, March 08, 2010

Rice Cooker Black Beans and Rice...

I used my new rice cooker to make black beans and rice tonight. (I got this recipe from Recipe Zzar.) So easy, so cheap, pretty healthy, and so yummy.... I think I'm going to have what I need to make this in my pantry all the time. Even Seth went back for seconds...

I have figured out, though, that my new rice cooker isn't non-stick like my small one, so a nice coating of oil is probably in order next time. No wonder it always sticks a little =)...

Rice Cooker Black Beans and Rice

1 c. rice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of Rotel or generic Rotel, drained
1 can of low sodium chicken broth (approximately 2 c.)
a handful of frozen corn kernels
a generous dash of cumin and chili powder

Put it all in the rice cooker, stir, and turn it on. Sprinkle cheese on top to serve. I think my rice cooker took about 15-20 min. to make this. Yummm....

No comments: