Friday, March 26, 2010

My new beco…

beco in paige

 

I’m pretty excited about my new Beco baby carrier. This is the one my mom got me as a belated baby gift for Evan. I’d been using my Baby Bjorn a ton, way more than I ever used an infant carrier with Seth. That’ll happen to ya when you’re chasing a toddler and trying to help him cling the jungle gym, and you still have a baby mewling over in the corner…

But Evan is getting a little heavy for the Bjorn, and I decided that it might be worth it to have him on my back more. (This is a front and a back carry, but you can’t turn their heads facing out.)

I LOVE it. I’m sorry I didn’t get it even earlier. It’s so much more snug than the Bjorn. Evan feels very secure, like a part of my body. I don’t worry that he’s going to fall out if I bend over, either. I finally see now why people are so into baby wearing. Bjorn wearing doesn’t have quite the same feel.

The price tag is a little steep, and you can’t find these used yet because they’re so new, but if a friend or relative wants to give you a really nice baby gift, I’d ask for one of these…

No comments: