Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year from Washington...

Happy New Year, everyone!!! This was our New Year's Eve, and this was taken at the stroke of midnight. I think we all look pretty good, considering that we're now all old fuddy duddy's who aren't used to staying up past 10:30. We have spent most of the past New Year's with a group of friends from Campbell at someone's house in NC, usually Chris', playing cards and eating way too much and watching movies. Well, this year, Chris is busy with a little guy whose bedtime is much earlier than ours, and we couldn't hang around NC anyway because of my impending due date. So...we imported some Campbell friends of our own for the night. Perry and Amanda came to visit from PA for the weekend! Amanda was my roommate senior year, and she was also one of my bridesmaids. She's a true blue friend in a million ways, and everyone who knows her knows that she can always be counted on to help ya out in a pinch. She has a true servant's heart. She married Perry, another friend from Campbell that David and Chris actually introduced to the "gang," and they've been pushing pills in rural PA (they're pharmacists) since they got married. Perry's an awesome guy, another sincere Christian, and my favorite thing about him at the moment is his big, hearty laugh. It makes me smile to hear it. They came down on Saturday afternoon, and we went out for Thai food (great restaurant-we'll have to go again) and ice cream across the street at our mall, went to church on Sunday, and then ate too many rice krispy treats and cookies, drank too much soda, played spades, and watched movies into the wee hours. They got the tour, like most of our guests, and I think that we entertained them in our new DC style. It's nice to have something fun to offer your friends when they come to visit, and we have something unique to share this year, so I'm glad we can share it with others.

This is Amanda holding her amazing creation. This is a baby quilt for little Seth. Amanda hunted through patterns, asked me what I liked, picked out tons of material, and hand stitched this masterpiece. I can't imagine how many hours it took. She says that it's relaxation for her, and I truly hope it is, because I'm sure it took a looong time. I LOVE it. I'm thinking of hanging it on the wall when I get around to making a room for the little guy. I have big plans for a barnyard/John Deere theme, and I think that'll fit in nicely. Thank you so much, Amanda. You did too much.


The two lovebirds. Perry is trying to look at Amanda's hand in spades, and she's not about to let him. I like this picture.

No comments: