Monday, October 31, 2011

harvest festival….

IMG_1268

Our church has a harvest festival every year. It’s just one of the many things we love about our church. They have inflatables, pony rides, and rooms full of games to play. The rooms are divided by age, and the games are manned by kind older kids and teens that make me feel like we must be in the right place. I aspire to my boys turning out like that. And this year, all the food was free! They had hot dogs, snow cones, popcorn, hot cocoa…. and funnel cakes! Personally, I feel ministered to by free funnel cake. =)

IMG_1248This was Evan’s very first pony ride. He was a little nervous at first, but then David encouraged Seth to cheer for him… and Seth did. Loudly. For the entire pony ride. “Yay, Evan! Yay, Evan!” And that took care of the nervousness problem, and the smiles came out.

IMG_1251  Seth’s turn. It was his first pony ride, too. Unfortunately, my horse died before Seth ever got a chance to ride him… sniff. But… now that my mom and dad have seen this cuteness, I’m sure they’re going to go right out and buy a pony. Right, Mom and Dad? =)

IMG_1256This was really, really tall, y’all. David and I realized that it was mistake for him to try and take both of them up, but by that point, it was too late. Seth did it all by himself, and he only got a little scared right at the top. But that was ok….

IMG_1260  ….’cause Daddy took them both down with him. I love this picture. =)

No comments: