Wednesday, October 19, 2011

fall cooking…

I may have an adorable 2-month-old, but I will not let him keep me from doing some fall cooking! Even if we eat that fall cooking off paper plates until he’s 6 months old! =)

I made an easy cake while the boys were playing before nap today. Seriously, it was really, really easy… and quite good. I made it with Ben strapped to my chest in a Bjorn and the boys playing with cars in and out of the kitchen. There are many variations of this on the web, but I like the kind that include eggs and applesauce…

 

Pumpkin Spice Cake

1 box of spice cake mix

1 can pumpkin

1-3 eggs

½ c. unsweetened applesauce

Generous shakes of pumpkin pie spice and/or cinnamon

1 c. butterscotch or cinnamon chips

Mix together, put in a greased bundt pan, and bake at 350 for 30-40 min.

 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I made these today and they were a BIG HIT!! Thanks for the recipe!

I love that they are Dairy Free - great for us and great for some friends of ours...

Yummmmmm.....