Thursday, January 03, 2013

Writing from IPad...

Ooh, this is a weird layout. I'm typing this from the hubby's work IPad. Our 6 1/2 year old Dell crashed hard yesterday. RIP, old friend.

The coolest thing is that I'd had an external hard drive sitting in its wrapper for months in a cabinet. During our staycation this weekend, I said to David, "Honey, can we try and figure out how to use that external hard drive I bought?" We backed up the pictures and all our documents.

The hard drive crashed two days later. There was no warning this was going to happen. It was running normally beforehand.

That, my friends, is a giant hug from God. I don't always get these kinds of hugs from Him, so I'm relishing this one!

We had a great staycation. We had time to do exciting things like vaccum out our cars and paint brown spots on the ceilings where the old fans used to be and run errands and talk and talk and talk about everything and nothing and take cold afternoon walks in the woods.

And I'm really grateful that we didn't take that expensive-ish ski weekend we'd planned. I'd be sick now that we have to replace the computer.

We got refreshed and on top of things around here, and I feel like I've been able to dive back into school planning and parenting with renewed vision and excitement. That's a huge blessing. No more running on empty for a little while, I hope....

Posting may be spotty until we decide what to do on the computer situation. We want to take our time and make the right decision for our family. Do we spend more and go MAC? Hmmmm....


No comments: