Thursday, April 28, 2011

“My sin! My Sin!”

This is going to a cute kid story, so prepare yourself to be awed. =)

Evan will be 2 at the end of this month, and a couple of months ago, I noticed that he was yelling, “My sin! My sin!” every time someone took something from him. He sounded perfectly heartbroken, but I did think it was awfully odd. I couldn’t figure it out.

Then, one day recently, I heard him singing a little catechism song that we have taught both of the boys. There is a line in it that says, “On the cross, he took my sin…” A light bulb went off.

Whenever someone takes something from him, he thinks they’re taking his “sin.” He took my sin, Mommy! Give it back!

Honey Lamb, that’s one thing you want taken away. =)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

very cute! : ) It's funny what they pick up and say. Right now Shepard is going around "Oh baby" to lots of things! I thought at first it was coincidence and that it was because the baby was there, but no, he's actually saying "oh baby". I have no idea where he got that from!!! : )