Friday, April 22, 2011

all together again…

I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written. Not long after I wrote the last post, we escaped to my parents for a week. I battled the stomach bug on and off for 6 days total. The night before we went to my parent’s house, it was really bad. David was unexpectedly able to come home that evening. If he hadn’t been, I would’ve had to call someone to help. So… I was thankful for that, but sometimes I  do wonder why you get help to make it temporarily instead of God just moving that mountain for ya. =)

The next morning, I dragged myself out of bed and out to the car, and I got us to my parents. They were great, as usual. I was still in semi rough shape for a couple more days, and then I recovered. Thank you, Jesus! The boys did really well, and we got to have a lot of fun on “the farm.” Seth helped my dad plant and mulch the corn rows, and both boys spent a lot of time on the swingset and climbing on and off the farm equipment… mower, trailer, tractor, plow, etc. =)

David’s trial went to the jury on Wednesday afternoon. We came home on Thursday morning. I’d called him on Wednesday night, urging him to go to bed early. (He doesn’t get much sleep during trial.) I came home on Thursday to find that he’d washed all the sheets for all of us and put them back on the beds, vacuumed, and steam mopped the floor in the kitchen! I told him that he was going to have to act like a mere mortal if he wants me to believe that he’s not Superman. =)

I cleaned all the bathrooms, dusted, swept, cleaned the fridge and microwave, and then sat back to enjoy my clean house before Easter weekend. Oh yeah, and I made him a batch of homemade brownies. Can’t forget that essential item on the to do list.

It’s so nice to be together again. None of us had seen much of each other in the last two weeks. Everyone slept in until 9:00 this morning! We’ve been lounging around, playing in the backyard, doing a little grocery shopping, and just soaking in the chance to be a complete family.

Looking forward to putting together the boy’s first Easter baskets for Sunday and getting up a fancy Easter dinner. I have so many reasons to be grateful this Easter.

And… oh, yeah…. the defendant was found guilty. Way to go, rockstar Daddy! He does his best, and then all he can do is give it to the jury, and let it go to God. But I’m happy that all his hard work resulted in what we all pray is a just result…

No comments: