Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

There are many lovely things I'd like to see in the next year...

Primary among them is that I would learn to love more selflessly and look more like Christ to my family, friends, and a watching world...

I'm guessing y'all know that that's a long term goal... =)

Then there's so much else to look forward to... a baby's first steps and words, summer splashing in front of my parents' river cabin, a visit to my brother's first house, 3rd and 1st birthday celebrations, date nights, a 9th anniversary!, snuggles, hugs, kisses, whispers, shouts, new recipes to try, new yard sale finds to thrill over, firelight, spring flowers, playgrounds and trails to explore, dinners with friends. We are thankful, and God is so gracious.

This quote encapsulates a quiet wish or two that I have for our family in the next year. Hat tip to Meredith at Like Merchant Ships...

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.

--William Henry Channing

No comments: